Laparoscopic surgery, also known as minimally invasive surgery or keyhole surgery, is a surgical technique that involves making small incisions in the abdomen and inserting a specialized surgical instrument called a laparoscope. The laparoscope is a long, thin tube with a camera and light source attached to it, which allows the surgeon to visualize the surgical area on a video monitor.
Here are some key features
- Minimally Invasive
- Reduced Scarring
- Enhanced Visualization
- Shorter Hospital Stay
- Faster Recovery and Return to Normal Function
- Wide Range of Applications
Book an Appointment
Benefits of Laparoscopic Surgery Procedures at Amrutha Multispeciality Hospital
Laparoscopic surgery is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that uses a small incision to enter the abdominal cavity. At Amrutha Multispeciality Hospital, our experienced surgeons offer a wide range of laparoscopic surgery procedures, including gastric bypass surgery, cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal), hernia repair, and more. We are committed to providing our patients with the safest, most effective care possible.
Some of the Benefits Include:
- Minimally invasive: Laparoscopic surgery requires only small incisions, which results in less pain and scarring.
- Shorter hospital stay: Most patients who undergo laparoscopic surgery can go home the same day or the next day.
- Faster recovery time: Because laparoscopic surgery is less invasive, patients typically recover more quickly than they would from traditional open surgery.
If you are considering any type of surgical procedure, we encourage you to come to Amrutha Multispeciality Hospital for a consultation. Our skilled surgeons will work with you to determine if laparoscopic surgery is right for you.
Types of Laparoscopic Surgery Services
- Gallbladder disease
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Gynaecologic conditions
- Urological conditions
Our experienced surgeons use the latest laparoscopic techniques and technology to provide our patients with the safest, most effective care possible. We are committed to providing our patients with the highest quality of care and service available.
Tips for Preparing for Laparoscopic Surgery
If you are scheduled for laparoscopic surgery, there are a few things you can do to prepare for your procedure.
- First, be sure to follow any instructions from your doctor or surgeon regarding pre-operative care.
- This may include fasting for a certain period of time before surgery, as well as taking certain medications or supplements.
- You should also avoid smoking and drinking alcohol in the weeks leading up to your surgery.
- It is also important to have someone else drive you home after your procedure, as you will likely be unable to drive yourself.
- Make sure to arrange for someone to stay with you for the first 24 hours after surgery, as you will need help with activities such as bathing and getting out of bed.
- Follow all of your surgeon’s post-operative instructions carefully to ensure a successful recovery.
At Amrutha Multispeciality Hospital, we offer state-of-the-art laparoscopic surgery services that provide minimal invasion and faster recovery times. Our team of highly skilled surgeons usesadvanced technology to perform surgeries with smaller incisions, reducing scarring and postoperative pain.